Tuesday 28 June 2016

1953 Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II

I've looked into my personal folder today and noticed this one. It's a commemorative coin from 1953. I'm not sure what the denomination is I really can't find much information on the internet anywhere! Looks like it was and could be used as a necklace though.

1953 in United Kingdom:
28 January - Derek Bentley executed at Wandsworth Prison in London. I didn't realise they did that in 1953?!
5th February - The rationing of sweets, introduced during WWII ends.
24th April - Winston Churchill receives a knighthood from the Queen.



1 comment:

  1. Although beginners tend to start with new coins from a bank, a better choice is to look for real collector coins.
    To keep them their perfect condition it would be best to have them in a protected cover within a coin collector case, and then placed in a home safe or a bank safe deposit box.
    For more: coin collector case

    ReplyDelete