Thursday 28 April 2016

1862 Indian Commonwealth Coin

I haven't yet sorted through the latest batch of Indian coins to add any spares to the blog. HOWEVER, this one coin did catch my eye and I had to give it a look.

It's a 1/4 Anna 1862 Copper Coin. What a beautiful coin! I particularly like the old coins with the British Monarchs on it makes me feel like I'm closer to India, Australia, the general commonwealth! Unfortunately as you know the European Union has pulled us sharply away from the commonwealth. We are unable to make free trade deals with the likes of these countries because of the EUROPEAN UNION.

It winds me up when these career europhile politicians claim that being part of the European Union gives us more CLOUT on the world stage. Rubbish. Iceland with a population of just over 300,000 has signed a free trade deal with China and you guessed it, the European Union hasn't! Leaving the EU would allows us to engage with the Commonwealth countries which we've so shamefully abandoned.

Wow that's my rant for the day!





No comments:

Post a Comment