Thursday 21 April 2016

Cleaning Zinc NAZI Coins - FEEL LIKE I'VE DISCOVERED FIRE

Ok I haven't discovered fire. However I may have stumbled across a way to clean ZINC coins.

Basically I found a Nazi coin with the swastika and the date covered up, which is no good to me! I need to see a date! So I took to the internet as I always do and typed in how to clean zinc.

How I cleaned the coin:
1. Squeeze lemon juice into a little tub
2. Put the coin in
3. Wait 6-12 hours (6 hours should be enough but I took it to 12!)
4. Brush off the juice with a tissue

DONE

I did the one coin then I ended up soaking all my Nazi coins! Worth a try if they're in really bad condition! I never clean coins because I know it ruins them most of the time, but if they're in awful condition what have you got to lose?


Before and after, and my little lemon juice tub



You can see the dirt rise to the surface 



The finished products


No comments:

Post a Comment